Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

NaNoWriMo YWP

No, I haven't gone completely insane. The title of this post is a real thing. Starting on the first of November, a bunch of eccentric kids (like yours truly) are all going to write novels. That's right, we're going to write novels. If it sounds interesting to you, then keep reading! I'll bet you, whoever you may be, could write a novel if you wanted, too.


An Overview
I should probably tell you more about what NaNoWriMo is. NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is a really neat online program that takes place during the month of November, during which people all over America make time in their daily lives to accomplish the daunting and heroic feat of writing a book. The adult program, which is just NaNoWriMo without the YPW at the end ( YWP = Young Writers' Program) is for adults. The adults have to write 50,000 words. The people under 18 who do the Young Writers' Program can set their own goal, but if they prefer they can do the adult website. I am part of the YWP website. My username is StarWolf. If you're doing NaNoWriMo YWP too, feel free to add me as a writing buddy. If you're not doing NaNoWriMo and you want to try it, I highly encourage you to do so. It is a really cool experience.


Here is the link to the adults' NaNoWriMo program website: National Novel Writing Month

Here is the link to the Young Writers' Program: National Novel Writing Month (Young Writers' Program)

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I didn't know you did NaNoWriMo too :D I'm sherlockian745.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I accidentally deleted my own comment. My NaNoWriMo username is StarWolf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? O.o I think I've already seen you around here and there quite a bit. And we're already writing buddies, too!

      Delete